It hurts all around my ankle & when I step on it there's a sharp pain in my tibia, ankle, and foot. If I bend my foot it hurts bad. My ankle gives out?

Dr. Kevin Olson
In brief: What did you do
Tap on the tibia and see if vibration causes pain.
If yes, need x-ray. If no, sit on chair wit bad ankle across other knee(figure 4). Gently draw the alphabet with bad foot. Focus on letters that hurt. Two times a day for three days, if no better, see a doctor.

In brief: What did you do
Dr. Kevin Olson
Dr. Kevin Olson
Dr. Paul Kovatis
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: ?weak ligaments
1) injury recently? 2) could be loose ligaments or a stress fracture.
Mri is very helpful if this does not respond to rest, ice, elevation and two the four weeks of convalescence. Surgery is last resort. Pt very helpful in general.

In brief: ?weak ligaments
Dr. Paul Kovatis
Dr. Paul Kovatis
Dr. Vikram Patel