My son is 29. He locks up himself in his room when his younger brother enters the house. Is this hatred or what. What should we do?

Dr. J. Kirk Clopton

In brief: Get answers

I wouldd consult with your family doctor and get the name of a good family therapist in your area to get to the bottom of this issue.

In brief: Get answers

Dr. J. Kirk Clopton
Dr. J. Kirk Clopton
2 comments
Dr. Neil Liebowitz
Have you tried asking both of them separately about what is wrong? Don't be afraid to ask, they are both living in your house, you have a right to know if something is going on.
Both physicians have given good advice. Something happened between the two of them. Evidently neither of them wants to talk about it. It may be nothing more than a single critical comment. I hope your family is otherwise able to function in such a way as to build everyone up -- if so, you're ahead of many others.
Dr. Bassam Amawi

In brief: As above

Certainly strange behavior , why u don't try to talk to him?

In brief: As above

Dr. Bassam Amawi
Dr. Bassam Amawi
Dr. Mohammed Younus

In brief: Cause of concern?!

With limited information provided its hard to answer, however if this behavior is new it needs to be investigated.
You can have a frank talk with him about the reason behind locking self in his brothers presence. It is more more concerning if either one of them have mental or physical disability.

In brief: Cause of concern?!

Dr. Mohammed Younus
Dr. Mohammed Younus
Dr. Shontae Buffington