Is it possible to forget about a childhood trauma and have the memory reappear in your teens? Could it even be a false memory?

Dr. Sonia Rapaport
Memories are continuously being adjusted in order to remain in our consciousness.
We can repress painful memories, which are then remembered when triggered by a similar sensory or emotional experience. I suggest seeing a therapist capable of working with these issues.

Dr. Sonia Rapaport
Dr. Sonia Rapaport
Dr. Glen Elliott
I agree that therapy may help sort this out, but be careful. Some therapists are such strong believers in repressed memories that they can truly end up helping patients "uncover" memories of this things that never happened, creating enormous damage to the patient and otehrs close to the patient.
Dr. J. Kirk Clopton
In brief: Possible
Both are possible.
It could be a repressed memory or it could be a false memory. An evaluation with a good therapist can help you distinguish between the two.

In brief: Possible
Both are possible.
Dr. J. Kirk Clopton
Dr. J. Kirk Clopton
Dr. Cindy Juster