I have bronchitis while I was coughing today and got a sharp pain in the crack of my buttocks. Should I bee worried?. P.S. I 23 years of age.

Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine
In brief: No
Probably just strained a muscle from the coughing.
Should go away. I would not worry but if it does not get better after a couple of weeks, talk to your doctor if you have one.

In brief: No
Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Dr. Colin Kerr
In brief: Cough 2 back pain
Don't be worried.
While it is not particularly common at your age, coughing can be associated with enough pressure on the disks in your back (between the vertebra) to dislodge some of the gel in there, and this could cause a sharp pain sensation in the buttocks. I would only be concerned if it lasted more than 6 weeks.

In brief: Cough 2 back pain
Don't be worried.
Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Vikram Patel