I tripped and fell into my truck with my shoulder. I have a sharp pain in the middle of my shoulder blade on the back side and upper rib cag?

Dr. Bac Nguyen
In brief: Contusion vs fractur
Most likely that you have a contusion/strain from falling and hitting your truck.
Often, pain is worse a day or two after injury due to inflammation etc...Uncomplicated fractures of rib or shoulder blades can happen, but no casting is needed..So only need to treat pain/inflammation for comfort. Gentle range of motion/stretching, and motrin/aleve for few days..If worsen, call your doc.. Good luck.

In brief: Contusion vs fractur
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Vikram Patel