When I breathe in or out I can feel a rattle deep in my throat. This does make me cough. I have asthma. My vocal range is also very limited now.?

Dr. Rada Ivanov
Internal Medicine - Pulmonary Critical Care
In brief: See below
Coughing alone will give you hoarseness.
Control the asthma, make sure that you don't have acid reflux or postnasal drip. The rattle is probably secretions from asthma or sinus problems. All of these should go away with proper treatment. If not, consult ent. And of course quit smoking if you do.

In brief: See below
Dr. Rada Ivanov
Dr. Rada Ivanov
Dr. Michio Abe
In brief: Rattle in throat
You may have postnasal drip or acid reflux irritating the back of your throat, which may be aggravating your asthma.
You may have laryngitis as a result. These are just my first few thoughts. You should be evaluated by a doctor.

In brief: Rattle in throat
Dr. Michio Abe
Dr. Michio Abe
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine