How can I get my 2 year old off a bottle?

Dr. Johanna Fricke
Pediatrics - Developmental & Behavioral

In brief: I've found that a

visit to a pediatric dentist to check for cavities & explain how sipping on & off a milk bottle or Sippy cup or falling asleep with one causes them helps parents "cold-turkey" toddler bottles.
Use open-mouth cups that (s)he can't carry around & sip from. At consistent nap-& bedtimes, brush her teeth, read, put her in her own bed in her own room drowsy, but awake, to learn to self-calm for sleep. .

In brief: I've found that a

Dr. Dov Finman
I agree with Dr. Fricke and I would add that your child may fuss for some time but he/she will get over the bottle if taken cold turkey.

In brief: Bottle vs good stuff

I worry less about the bottle than whats in it.
I encourage moms to quit putting the tasty stuff in a bottle & only put water in it. If the good stuff is only in a cup, the kid will eventually abandon the bottle. It's ok if their fluid intakes drops for a few days.If they think their bottle is their best friend & want to keep it longer i let it be as long as it only has water.

In brief: Bottle vs good stuff

Dr. Cindy Juster