My two year old has a stye on her eye and a boil on her butt...where did they come from abd what should I do?

Dr. Oscar Novick

In brief: Infection

The infections of your child,s butt and stye may be due to staph infections.
Apply hot compresses to both. When the boil on the butt comes to a head, see your doctor so he can lance the boil, take a culture and start you on medication. The stye, likewise, will come to a head and drain.careful hand washing is the order of the day to prevent further spread of infection

In brief: Infection

Dr. Oscar Novick
Dr. Oscar Novick
Dr. Khalid Khan
Ophthalmology

In brief: Staph infection

Apply Neosporin skin ointment on the boil on butt & Neosporin ophthalmic ointment in the affected eye 3 times a day for one, week if he is not allergic to Neosporin.

In brief: Staph infection

Dr. Khalid Khan
Dr. Khalid Khan
Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
Dermatology

In brief: Consult your DR

To treat or not to treat, and the nature of the therapy, must be determined by an examination.

In brief: Consult your DR

Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan