What is the best place to put a Duragesic (fentanyl) patch on my skin for the most pain relief?

Dr. James Wolfe
Pain Management
In brief: Someplace flat.
The best location is anywhere that it can remain undisturbed.
Typically someplace flat where the skin does not flex or stretch frequently. Common locations are the area above the breast, the side of the thigh or high on the shoulder blade. The patch does not have to be over the painful area to be effective.

In brief: Someplace flat.
Dr. James Wolfe
Dr. James Wolfe
Dr. Kenneth Choquette
I like the upper arms and upper chest wall. I don't like the back at all with possible absorption differences there.
Dr. Michael Gofeld
Pain Management
In brief: Thin skin area
Typically the best result if the patch is applied just below the collar bone or at the skin of inner arm.

In brief: Thin skin area
Dr. Michael Gofeld
Dr. Michael Gofeld
Dr. Eric Weisman