Would it be okay to take a 2mg dilaudid for a very painful ear infection?

Dr. Shabbir Hossain

In brief: Sure

If the pain is severe, its reasonable to take a low dose narcotic for pain, although normally from my experience anti-inflammatories at reasonable doses are sufficient to control pain and inflammation from an ear infection.
Good luck!

In brief: Sure

Good luck!
Dr. Shabbir Hossain
Dr. Shabbir Hossain
Dr. Neil Giddings
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Maybe

Not knowing your age or weight that is a difficult question to answer. If the pain is severe enough to require dilaudid, i would suggest seeing a primary care provider for examination and antibiotics, if necessary.

In brief: Maybe

Dr. Neil Giddings
Dr. Neil Giddings
Dr. Arnon Rubin