Why digoxin is absolutely contraindicated in a case of ventricular fibrillation?

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Let me help myou

Digoxin is a heart stimulant with a very narrow range of safe doses.
Ventricular tachycardia is very common adverse side effect of digoxin, and would likely make this condition worse or increase the frequency of the episodes. Stimulating a heart that is already beating too fast (tachycardia) could be fatal. Good luck.

In brief: Let me help myou

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Calvin Weisberger
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Ventricular fibrill

Digoxin can cause life threatening ventricular arrhythmias so giving it to a patient with one is certainly not a good idea.

In brief: Ventricular fibrill

Dr. Calvin Weisberger
Dr. Calvin Weisberger