Abnormal liver function test on blood work very slightly out of range? Gp said simple fatty liver how can she tell with jst blood test? I'm book for US

NASH or fatty liver. She says that because it is the most likely diagnosis. If you are not an alcoholic & don't have Hep C. It can evolve into NASH (non-alcoholic steatohepatitis) which can cause cirrhosis. But usually over years. Risk factors for fatty liver are really high chlolesterol or Triglycerides, obesity, pre or overt diabetes, or low thyroid. Diet & exercise are the usual tx. Do the US & the other labs.
Need workup. This is best repeated off alcohol. If they're back to normal, that's your wake-up call to stop once and for all. If not, you'll get checked for hepatitis B and C, hemochromatosis, Wilson's, autoimmune hepatitis, and maybe a few others. If still high, this may be your liver's way of telling you to get back into that fitness-focused lifestyle you enjoyed as a teen.