Can an abortion increase the risk of breast cancer?

No. Early retrospective studies gave conflicting results regarding the potential link between abortions and breast cancer. Over the past decade, more accurate prospective studies have failed to show any link between breast cancer and women who had abortions, either spontaneous or induced.
Unlikely. I agree with the previous author that there is debate; however many of the studies that show an association are small groups of people and therefore can't show proof of cause of breast cancer. Prevention of pregnancy is better than an abortion for many reasons -- cost and risk being one of them. However, if you have had an abortion, get a breast exam regularly *like everyone should!*.