Avandia (rosiglitazone) is a miracle drug for my diabetes, is it safe to take?

Causes heart problem. Avandia (rosiglitazone) is a type of oral medication used to lower blood sugar in type 2 diabetes, however in large studies patients taking Avandia (rosiglitazone) had an increased risk of heart attack and heart failure compared to other diabetes drugs, therefore it is only to be used by patients who can't take other anti diabetes medications. Excercise and keeping weight normal is extremely important to decrease need for drugs.