Is here a difference between singulair (montelukast) and advair?

Dr. Michael Sanders
Internal Medicine - Pulmonology

Advair is an inhaled medication containing an inhaled steroid and a long acting beta agonist.
This is used for asthma and COPD Singulair is a pill and is a leukotriene antagonist developed for use in asthma and allergies. Unfortunately, in my experience, Many patients are on singulair and I really have never seen a benefit.

Dr. Michael Sanders
Dr. Michael Sanders
Dr. Paul Carter
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

Singulair is a tablet containing montelukast, a leukotriene modifier, that helps to reduce asthma inflammation.
Advair is an inhaler that contains fluticasone (a steroid) and salmeterol (a beta-agonist). Advair decreases inflammation with the inhaled steroid and helps open the airways with the bronchodilator/ beta-agonist. Advair is for more severe asthma than singulair.

Dr. Paul Carter
Dr. Paul Carter
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology