Doctors, do you think I can contract chicken pox from the shingles vaccine, if I never had chicken pox?

Chicken pox/Shingles. The shingles vaccine (Zostavax) contains live weakened chickenpox viruses. In extremely rare cases, it's possible for someone to get an illness from these weakened viruses --usually there is 'something wrong' with the patient however. Hope your doc would screen u for any contraindication to the vaccine. The age indication for shingles vaccine is 50+. If you've never had chickenpox -get that shot.
No. The shingles vaccine is similar to the chicken pox vaccine we give children, the vaccine is a live virus but in capable of creating the disease. It would be very unusual to be age 43 and not already be immune from childhood exposure, before the era of the vaccine. .