Can trauma other than rupture or torsion cause testicular atrophy? And can it spread to the other testicle? And how much time can it cover?

In brief: Blood vessels

Clotting of either the artery or veins to the testicle is one of the main causes of atrophy.
Mumps also can cause inflammation and then atrophy of the testicle. Sexually transmitted diseases like Chlamydia can sometimes cause testicle atrophy and sterility. "Spreading" to the other testicle could not be likely; but the same insults could occur separately to the other. Good Luck!

In brief: Blood vessels

Dr. Crystal Twynham
Dr. Crystal Twynham

In brief: Ultrasound?

I would get a testicular Ultrasound and make sure there is no other issues with the testis.
You are in an age group where tumor can be the cause and sometimes attributed to "trauma". IT WOULD NOT SPREAD TO THE OTHER ONE though. At this point, if there is atrophy, it will likely not recover any size.

In brief: Ultrasound?

Dr. Sabry Mansour
Dr. Sabry Mansour
Dr. Peter Kurzweil