What is the cause of a 5 yr old child to grind her teeth during sleep?

Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: 2 reasons

Very common. 1. Jaws grow slightly unevenly.
As they do, kids tend to "grind in" their occlusion so teeth mesh better. 2. Kids back up the "computer" @ nite. They learn so much during the day, they tend to process it when they sleep. Grinding should disappear as permanent teeth start to erupt. By the way, 1st orthodontic cm-up age 7.

In brief: 2 reasons

Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Derrick Lonsdale
Preventive Medicine

In brief: Diet

Bruxism is caused by an irritable brain and is often associated wirh behavioral problems.
My long experience with this indicates inappropriate diet as the major cause as indeed is the case for so many of the questions asked in this forum. Sugar is the main culprit, resulting in vitamin b1 and magnesium deficiency. See my blog "oxygen the sparfk of life.

In brief: Diet

Dr. Derrick Lonsdale
Dr. Derrick Lonsdale
Dr. Jonathan Jassey