Im 6wk pregnant my dentist cant see me until 7-28-14 but my face is swelling due to infection saw my doc and got meds but will they lastfor that long?

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry

In brief: Don't wait!

Find another dentist!! No one should have to wait more than a day or two to be seen by a dentist for an infection, especially if you are pregnant.
It's not a good idea to be on antibiotics for that long anyway.

In brief: Don't wait!

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management

In brief: Your choice

If you have a dental infection, you should see your dentist right away.
There is a link between oral infections and the risk of pregnancy complications. Many antibiotics, local anesthetic are safe to take during pregnancy, and you can even get X-rays (abdominal shield). It is up to you to wait for your dentist or see anther one. Just be sure your dentist knows you're pregnant.

In brief: Your choice

Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Jane Van Dis