My throat is extremely swollen and sore. The back of my tongue has huge lumps and my throat is yellowish with red spots. I have no tonsils. ?

Dr. Bernstein Joel
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Viral infection

The lumps in the back of the tongue may be circumvallate papillae which are taste buds.
They may be inflamed. The red spots in the back of your throat may be infected lymph nodes. Although the most likely diagnosis is an upper respiratory tract viral infection, I would strongly recommend you see a physician for a culture and sensitivity of the yellow material in the back of the throat.

In brief: Viral infection

Dr. Bernstein Joel
Dr. Bernstein Joel
Dr. Adam Smith