My dad had a massive heart attack at 60 yrs. Im 19 yrs old and I've found out I have abnormal septal motion, poor R wave on ECG nd 60-65% EF. Causes?

Dr. Warren Foster
Cardiology - Cardiac Electrophysiology

In brief: Abnormal Echo?

Abnormal septal motion can't be seen on EKG.
Did you have an echocardiogram? If so, clarify that they've ruled out a condition called hypertrophic cardiomyopathy(HCM), which is a thickening of the heart muscle. Also clarify the type of "massive heart attack" your Father had, as the status of his condition will determine how hard of an investigation should be done to look for HCM.

In brief: Abnormal Echo?

Dr. Warren Foster
Dr. Warren Foster
Dr. Jalal Zuberi

In brief: Poor lung function

Abnormal septal motion coupled with poor R waves generally indicates pulmonary hypertension in a younger person like you.
While many normal folks have some abnoram EKG findings, you need a cardiac consult to rule out a major problem. Good luck>

In brief: Poor lung function

Dr. Jalal Zuberi
Dr. Jalal Zuberi
Dr. Charles Berry
Surgery - Thoracic

In brief: Normal?

Nothing that you described is necessarily out of the normal range.
People should be happy and live purposeful lives. Watch there weight, exercise and get long term medical follow up. Remember you or anyone for that matter is only half their father genetically.

In brief: Normal?

Dr. Charles Berry
Dr. Charles Berry
Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Preventive Medicine