How can I ensure my child receives adequate nutrition if she has a neuroblastoma?

Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics

In brief: NGT/PEG/or I.V.

If general pts. Cannot eat enough calories by their mouths then a feeding tube may be paced in the stomach through the nose or mouth ( temporal).
If pt. Is requiring food intake for long periods of time then a gastrostomy tube may be placed through or via endoscopy directly into the small intestine or stomach. If pt. Cannot tolerate food in liquid form through tubes then I.V. Feedings exists (temp.

In brief: NGT/PEG/or I.V.

Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Dr. Scott Diede
In addition to all of these interventions mentioned, I would just also add that it is essential to have a good oncology nutritionist/dietician as a part of your child's healthcare team. They are extremely helpful in monitoring your child, and can offer very useful noninvasive tips to help with a child's nutritional and caloric intake.
Dr. Troy Reyna
Surgery - Pediatric

In brief: Nutritionalist

Many communities have free support groups that offer nutritional guidance to patients with cancer.
Look up the " caring place" in your community.

In brief: Nutritionalist

Dr. Troy Reyna
Dr. Troy Reyna
Dr. Martin Fried
General Practice

In brief: Oncology team

Consult with the oncology team who is caring for the neuroblastoma.
and have them refer you to a nutritional expert in this field. They would best be able to tell you your child's needs. They might even have one associated with their team.

In brief: Oncology team

Dr. Martin Fried
Dr. Martin Fried