My 2 year old is saying it hurts and pointing to her vagina. How do I know if it's her vagina or a bladder infection?

In brief: Urinalysis& culture
In my experience, many kids with that complaint have simply gotten debris trapped in the area that started them itching.
Peeing thru that area after they have scratched often starts hurting. An exam by the dr can spot areas of irritation & a urinalysis & culture can make sure a bladder infection did not occur because of this kind of process. Some infants may have foreign material in their vagina.

In brief: Urinalysis& culture
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham