Is it possible to have carpal tunnel syndrome from carrying a baby?

Yes. Women often get carpal tunnel syndrome(cts) during the peri-natal period, likely due to increased fluid within the carpal tunnel. This compresses the median nerve. This improves once your fluids normalize. Oral and/or injectable steroids, neutral wrist splint and therapy can be helpful. If not, an open or endoscopic carpal tunnel release(ctr) will eliminate your symptoms permantely.
Yes. Carpal tunnel syndrome is common during and after pregnancy. It is more likely to resolve spontaneously than other causes. If 2-4 weeks of wearing carpal tunnel braces (splints) during sleep doesn't help, see your doctor or visit a hand surgeon for a complete evaluation.
CTS. Cts can occur for a variety of reasons, including certain activities. Can also occur with pregnancy. Have it checked by an orthopedic surgeon. Good luck!