Is daily prune juice safe for a 3 year old child to help with bowel movements?

Yes. I use it quite frequently as a loosening agent. Avoiding excesses of constipating foods like bananas, rice cereal, & applesauce also helps. Prune, pear or peach nectar & apple juice are all helpful.
Yes. Daily prune juice is safe. Avoid too much milk as it can cause constipation (less than 18 to 20 ounces a day). Mac and cheese is also constipating. Lots of fruits and veggies are good if possible. Miralax (polyethylene glycol) and milk of magnesia are safe in children if you need a medication.