How is a brain tumor diagnosed?

MRI or CT. These a days, brain mri's and ct's are the primary method of diagnosing brain tumors. These are prompted after the patient has a neurologic symptom or an un-relenting headache.
Imaging, biopsy. In general, while symptoms are non-specific (headaches, changes in vision, changes in perception), imaging studies are able to identify abnormalities very well. Once an area of abnormality is defined, a biospy is performed (usually by a neurosurgeon), which a pathologist then studies, and gives a diagnosis.