I have got chicken pox and am wondering if its safe to breastfeed my 4 month old baby?

Cpx is very worrisome in the first weeks of a newborns life, but less so later. You were likely contagious for 24-48 hrs before you started breaking out, and baby is already exposed enough to get the disease.
Incubation for baby would be 10-21 days, depending on exposure. Consult with babies doc if baby develops symptoms to see if meds will help him/her.

Dr. Barry Bergman

Your child has already been exposed so by continuing breast feedin you will pass some immunity as you get your immunity and can make the disease less in your four month old.

Dr. Barry Bergman
Dr. Barry Bergman
Dr. Morris Westfried
Dermatology

In brief: No

It is preferable to wait until infection clears.

In brief: No

Dr. Morris Westfried
Dr. Morris Westfried
Dr. Jane Van Dis