I had gestational diabetes but had my baby 4 months ago. I'm still testing high on my blood sugar, so am I a real diabetic?

Yes. Having gestational diabetes put you at risk for diabetes lifelong. 6-12 weeks after delivery, if you are still testing in the diabetes range, you are diabetic and need to be treated as a diabetic. If the numbers are in the pre-diabetes range, then I highly recommend you to focus of diet (5-10% weight loss), and exercise (30 min moderate activity 5 days/week) to prevent from becoming diabetic.
Not normal. By now your sugars should've normalized since having your baby 4 months ago. You need to see your doctor to determine the next course of action regarding appropriate work up and treatment.