Should I go to the doctor for a tick bite? Very small Tick removed 2 days ago. Red itchy rash at site of tick bite. Applied cortisone cream.

Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
Dermatology

In brief: See DR

Tiny tick= risk for Lyme disease.
You have a local reaction to the tick. There is good evidence for using a single dose of antibiotic, typically 200mg Doxycycline (I prefer minocycline) within 48 hrs after discovery of a deer tick to prevent Lyme. You need to be alert and ready for possible Lyme during the next 3 weeks. Unfortunately the blood tests are not reliable and sometimes the primary erytm

In brief: See DR

Tiny tick= risk for Lyme disease.
Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
Dr. Murray Wellner

In brief: Yes...see doctor

I agree with first doc.
...my policy for several years has been to treat ALL tick and even spider bites empiricall with 5 days of doxy 100 twice a day for five days....Dr. Wellner

In brief: Yes...see doctor

I agree with first doc.
Dr. Murray Wellner
Dr. Murray Wellner
Dr. Marino Tavarez

In brief: Monitor symptoms

and keep area clean and dry and you should be fine.

In brief: Monitor symptoms

Dr. Marino Tavarez
Dr. Marino Tavarez
Dr. Silviu Pasniciuc

Please do not apply anything on the rash since it may mask the typical appearance of Lyme's.
Do see your doctor.

Do see your doctor.
Dr. Silviu Pasniciuc
Dr. Silviu Pasniciuc
Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
Nothing you can apply will mask erythema migrans.
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine