Can having a deviated septum cause really bad post nasal drip? Anytime I have a runny nose, the snot will fall to my mouth and I gag on it.

Dr. Suzanne Galli
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Post nasal drip

Post nasal drip is not caused by a deviated septum. Rather it is caused by allergic rhinitis.
You can have your nose evaluated by a board certified otolaryngologist.

In brief: Post nasal drip

Dr. Suzanne Galli
Dr. Suzanne Galli
Dr. Silviu Pasniciuc

In brief: It can contribute

Are your symptoms affecting always 1 side more than the other? Are your symptoms getting worse?it may be that you suffer from a different condition in top of your deviated septum? Have you tried anything OTC- nasal saline? Either way you will probably need an ENT eval.

In brief: It can contribute

Dr. Silviu Pasniciuc
Dr. Silviu Pasniciuc
Dr. Steven Seres