Severe all back & shoulder pain/aches/uncomfortable. Lump in right side of neck, feel shooting pain up back of head and right eye when I rub my neck?

Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management

In brief: Occipital neuralgia

involves the greater and lesser occipital nerves located in the back of the scalp and can produce neck pain as well as headache.
The most common symptom is suboccipital pain radiating to the back of the head and occasionally down the back of the neck. This is treatable condition. Rec. see orofacial pain or pain management specialist. You can take Advil (ibuprofen) pm as needed.

In brief: Occipital neuralgia

Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine