How do the stimulant and non-stimulant meds' side effects compare, in a child, for adhd?

Dr. Mark Diamond
In brief: Similar
The list of potential side effects is very similar for both types of medications.
My experience is that the stimulents work better, but that is my opinion.The best drug is unique for each patient.

In brief: Similar
Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Thomas Riney
In brief: Stimulants
Have a much longer experience and a higher cure rate initially.
Ritalin (methylphenidate) has been around for over 50 years and its side effects are well known and should be tried first . Generic stimulants work as well as the new expensive ones.

In brief: Stimulants
Dr. Thomas Riney
Dr. Thomas Riney
Dr. Shontae Buffington