Is it safe for me to drive a car or will it worsen my back problem (sacroillitis) for which I am on methotraxate. Kindly advice.

Dr. Michael Roman

In brief: It's safe

To drive. I would start off driving short distances.
Then slowly increase. If pain or numbness occur stop. Can even get out and stretch. You can build up endurance. May be uncomfortable. But build up slowly

In brief: It's safe

Dr. Howard Shapiro
You may be more comfortable using a firm pillow behind your back when you drive; If your car has a seat-warmer, that may help as well.
Dr. Silviu Pasniciuc

In brief: Ok short distance

You will probably be fine for short distances.
If you are a professional driver would suggest changing your job. Long rides can definitely worsen your condition due to position and lack of mobility.

In brief: Ok short distance

Dr. Andrea Brand