I get stomach cramps, a feeling that I can't fully empty my bowels, frequent changes in stools, wind and I go to the toilet a lot. Could I have IBS?

Dr. Laurence Badgley
General Practice

Stomach cramps and other symptoms of intestinal dysfunction often reflect IBS, for which there is no known cause.
IBS is highly associated with fibromyalgia, which is highly associated with Joint Hypermobility Syndrome. In my opinion, IBS results from autonomic nervous system dysregulation due to mechanical impingement of this soft neural tissue.

Dr. Laurence Badgley
Dr. Laurence Badgley
Dr. Richard Gould
ADHD & Autism

In brief: Yes but...

Your symptoms could absolutely be from IBS but it is prudent to he checked by a gastroenterologist.
Your symptoms might be dietary. The solution could be a simple one so it is worth having a discussion with a professional. Good luck!

In brief: Yes but...

Dr. Richard Gould
Dr. Richard Gould
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine