Can hormone pills really get rid of dead cells in the lining of your uterus? I am 70 and it is not pre cancer or cancer as I have been tested. Thanks

Dr. Navdeep Gill
Pathology

Hormone pills can cause the lining of your uterus to be shed.
This happens normally in reproductive age women as menses. Regarding your symptom of very little spotting that was likely caused by the uterine polyp found and removed during the uterus "biopsy".

Dr. Navdeep Gill
Dr. Navdeep Gill
Dr. Sewa Legha
Internal Medicine - Oncology

In brief: No such pills!

I am not able to understand which pills you ahve in mind! There are no active cells in the lining of the uterus at your age.
Taking hormones in fact, wakes these atrophic cells up ...that is why Hormones are not advised to be used by postmenopausal women. Unless you enlist which hormone pills you are thinking about, I am unable to address your question.

In brief: No such pills!

Dr. Sewa Legha
Dr. Sewa Legha
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham