1 doctor weighed in:

Do you have to do anything if a child that swallows a spoonful of hair shampoo and/or conditioner?

1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Barry Bergman
Pediatrics

In brief: No

Soap (shampoo) is not harmful (usually) if swallowed and particularly in such a small amount.
But learn from this that children will try or taste just about anything and it is our responsibility to prevent this. Always be aware.

In brief: No

Soap (shampoo) is not harmful (usually) if swallowed and particularly in such a small amount.
But learn from this that children will try or taste just about anything and it is our responsibility to prevent this. Always be aware.
Dr. Barry Bergman
Dr. Barry Bergman
Thank
Get help from a real doctor now
Dr. Christopher Crosby
Board Certified, Dermatology
12 years in practice
93K people helped
Continue
108,000 doctors available
Read more answers from doctors