Child of 3 years old has had runny noses for up to 3wks at a time for the last 6mths. Is he sick or is it allergies?

Dr. Michael Zacharisen
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology
In brief: Either one
Certainly 3 year olds can have allergic rhinitis or viral infections especially if they attend daycare.
If the symptoms respond to antihistamines, that may suggest an allergy. However, the best way to find the answer is to consult an allergist. Skin testing at this age is quick and easy and you will not have to keep guessing.

In brief: Either one
Dr. Michael Zacharisen
Dr. Michael Zacharisen
Dr. Derrick Lonsdale
Preventive Medicine
In brief: ?cow's milk
Cow's milk was invented for cows to give to their babies like you produced milk for yours.
I can never understand why it has become a staple in diet of kids. Try stopping his milk intake. I have seen a hyperactive child become normal in 5 days after stopping milk. There are other sources of calcium.

In brief: ?cow's milk
Dr. Derrick Lonsdale
Dr. Derrick Lonsdale
Dr. Jonathan Jassey