Can I hold a newborn baby if my pink eye isn't contagious anymore? So, when isn't it contagious anymore?

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology

In brief: When white

When the virus is losing the battle, the eye whitens up and the secretions decrease, then you are not shedding virus.
Also you should wash your hands and face thoroughly and wear new clothes. Remember if the parents knew you had pink eye, despite whatever precautions you take, and the child gets it, then who is in the dog house!

In brief: When white

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Clement Cheng
contact precautions a must. usually less contagious after one week from the time symptoms start.
Dr. Cindy Juster