Can anyone tell me how they treat a child with parathryoid problems?

Dr. Vered Lewy-Weiss
Pediatrics - Endocrinology
In brief: Needs peds endo
This can be truly complicated.
Only a pediatric endocrinologist is trained to take care of the medical management of a pediatric patient with parathyroid problems. I'd start there.

In brief: Needs peds endo
This can be truly complicated.
Dr. Vered Lewy-Weiss
Dr. Vered Lewy-Weiss
Dr. Gregory Mosolf
In brief: Surgery or calcium
Hyperparathyroidism (excess parathyroid hormone/pth) is usually caused by a small tumor of the parathyroid gland.
The treatment is usually surgery. Hypoparathyroidism (low pth) is treated with calcium and vitamin d. There are at least 25 different types of hypoparathyroidism so obviously it gets pretty complicated. Hard to answer in 400 characters.

In brief: Surgery or calcium
Dr. Gregory Mosolf
Dr. Gregory Mosolf
Dr. Cindy Juster