Can a pregnant athlete who exercises 5 days a week for a couple hours every day lose her baby due to exercising?

Dr. David Bergman
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Maternal Fetal Medicine
In brief: Exercise
It all depends upon the level of exercise.
We usually recommend that a women tries to keep her heartbeat under 140 BPM to insure proper blood flow to the uterus and therefore to the fetus. A pelvic crush injury like a car accident can cause a loss, but exercise should not cause a loss if properly supervised.

In brief: Exercise
Dr. David Bergman
Dr. David Bergman
In brief: Maybe/not
Anyone can overdo any activity or pass time and effect their health or that of their fetus.
Every pregnancy has some risk of loss, unrelated to physical activity.That said, I had one Jazercise instructor mom who taught classes up until the week of delivery and started back a week later. A lot depends on lifestyle and conditioning.

In brief: Maybe/not
Dr. Jonathan Jassey