1 doctor weighed in:
About a child swallowing a balloon; what happens to it?
1 doctor weighed in

Dr. Barry Bergman
Pediatrics
In brief: Usually nothing
Swallowing balloons can be dangerous for infants and young children because it can get caught in the back of the throat and block the airway.
But if fully swallowed it should pass easily through the GI tract. Keep balloons away from young children and infants.

In brief: Usually nothing
Swallowing balloons can be dangerous for infants and young children because it can get caught in the back of the throat and block the airway.
But if fully swallowed it should pass easily through the GI tract. Keep balloons away from young children and infants.
Dr. Barry Bergman
Dr. Barry Bergman
Thank
Get help from a real doctor now
Dr. Jonathan Jassey
Board Certified, Pediatrics
13 years in practice
1M people helped
Continue
107,000 doctors available
Read more answers from doctors