Do I need to begin treatment immediately or are you going to monitor my multiple myeloma for now? Why?

It depends. Standard of care for mgus is observation. Standard of care for smoldering/asymptomatic (no crab sx) mm is observation. Ecog e3a06 is evaluting Lenalidomide vs. Observation in smm. The reason to treat symptomatic mm include: improve survival, reduce bone fractures, reduce infections, improve blood counts, etc. The intensity and type of treatment are highly variable and actively evolving...
Yes and no. Most myeloma needs treatment, but some are indolent means very slow growing without causing any damage to u, after a thorough check your oncologist will tell you if you need tretment or close follow up untill you have an indication.