When I don't take Citalopram 20 or Fluoxetine 20 I'm impatient most of time everyday. Is this sign of depression and whether I should continue it?

Dr. Daniel Ziegler
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Depends on you

SRIs impart patience, some call it zombiism, so we can cope with the unnatural stressors of civilization.
SRI's were originally meant to be used for 6 mos max as a bridge back to well being. Were you impatient before? If not then this is a withdrawal effect & the sooner you stop the better off you'll be. Until age 27 the brain has the ability to reverse alterations caused by drugs, after that???

In brief: Depends on you

Dr. Bradford Romans
These meds also treat anxiety.
Dr. Prem Gupta
Neurology

In brief: Ask your doctor

There is a reason that your PCP or psychiatrist prescribed it.
Until that reason is gone you need to continue this

In brief: Ask your doctor