Will I have to change my normal activities due to treatment for non-hodgkin's lymphoma?

Dr. Stephen Noga
Internal Medicine - Oncology

In brief: Depends

Chemotherapy can make you tired as well as your disease.
Depending on your overall condition, it may be hard to work full time or at all. The portacath may limit some types of exercise and work duties. It is also good to stay out of crowds to reduce infection. Having said that, I have many patients who have little change in their routine except on the days they receive chemotherapy.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Stephen Noga
Dr. Stephen Noga
Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Radiation Oncology

In brief: Some lymphoma

Treatment may be arduous, but many accept watchful waiting for low grade lymphoma, or antibody treatment.
Cytotoxic chemotherapy can be arduous, bone marrow transplant is a very big deal.

In brief: Some lymphoma

Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Dr. Vicken Poochikian