Will I have to change my normal activities due to treatment for non-hodgkin's lymphoma?

Dr. Stephen Noga
Internal Medicine - Oncology
In brief: Depends
Chemotherapy can make you tired as well as your disease.
Depending on your overall condition, it may be hard to work full time or at all. The portacath may limit some types of exercise and work duties. It is also good to stay out of crowds to reduce infection. Having said that, I have many patients who have little change in their routine except on the days they receive chemotherapy.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Stephen Noga
Dr. Stephen Noga
Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Radiation Oncology
In brief: Some lymphoma
Treatment may be arduous, but many accept watchful waiting for low grade lymphoma, or antibody treatment.
Cytotoxic chemotherapy can be arduous, bone marrow transplant is a very big deal.

In brief: Some lymphoma
Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Dr. Adam Smith