Siblings of people who have tsc?

Pathology

In brief: Get screened

If I had a sibling with TS, even if I had no signs or symptoms, I'd get genetically screened so I could make sure I do not pass the gene on to my own children.

In brief: Get screened

Dr. George Klauber
Agree with Dr. Friedlander. I would o the san\me if it was me.
Dr. George Klauber
Pediatrics - Urology

In brief: Most siblings clear

Most cases of tsc are due to a new gene mutation.
Tsc is usually manifest or cleared by age-6-months.Appears to be an autosomal dominant, thus 50% of offspring of tsc subject will be at risk.Also appears that increased incidence of new gene mutations occur in already affected families.Thus siblings of tsc subjects r at slightly higher risk of their kids having a new mutation of the tsc genes.

In brief: Most siblings clear

Dr. George Klauber
Dr. George Klauber