I'm due to have an MRI of the brain and spine, neurological wants to see if I have peripheral neuropathy even though I'm not diabetic?

MRI test can show. If you have neuropathy, the MRI tests will be normal. Neuropathy is determined with nerve conduction tests (sometimes called EMG). There are many causes of neuropathy besides diabetes. These include vitamin B12 deficiency and heavy alcohol use. MRI tests are often ordered to assess for numbness, just not numbness caused by neuropathy.
No. Doing an MRI of brain and spine makes no sense to investigate peripheral neuropathy. Get an EMG of legs.