Shoulder & neck pain for long time (years). Looks only muscle pain, tried physical therapies &massage,helps sort period. Looking for long term solutio?

Dr. Robert Roschmann
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: NSAID

I suspect that you may be having muscle and shoulder pain as a consequence of referred pain arising actually from some arthritis changes in the neck.
There are no cures. OTC NSAIDs such as Naproxen and Ibuprofen may give you upwards of 30 to 60% relief of your symptoms. If you have no problems that would prevent you from using them them consider a NSAID trial for 2 to 4 weeks.

In brief: NSAID

Dr. Robert Roschmann
Dr. Robert Roschmann
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine