Where should my child be treated?

Pediatric cancer ctr. If your child has acute leukemia, the must be treated at a center which 1) has a major focus on pediatrics 2) which extends to pediatric oncology 3) and which participate in cooperative clinical trials. These are usually academic centers but there are a few community hospitals which have these specialties and participate in children's oncology group (cog) and nih sponsored trials.This is important.