I found a lump (size of a golf ball) on my left rib cage. Im a 16 year old female and have no other symptoms. Im freaking out, what could it be?

Dr. Charlene Sojico

In brief: Hard to say

Exactly what it is without more details and examination .
It is best to have yourself examined by your physician to see if you will need blood tests, diagnostic testings or biopsy.Better to know what it is than fear of the unknown!

In brief: Hard to say

Dr. Charlene Sojico
Dr. Charlene Sojico
Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Pediatrics - Pulmonology

In brief: Imaging

There are many conditions that may cause a swelling on or around the ribs.
If you have had a recent fall or accident, a bruise can cause a lump which will most likely resolve with time. The other causes of a mass may be related to an abnormal growth. It is best to start with a visit to your doctor and an x ray or another imaging test of the area.

In brief: Imaging

Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Dr. Cindy Juster