I always do stupid stuff like this which I regret immediately. How do I exercise restraint?

Pathology

In brief: You're human

Sporty, i'd be much more worried if you didn't regret your mistakes -- too many people never learn.
If you've got a compulsion of some sort, or an impulse control problem and cannot resist some actions, then cognitive-behavioral therapy may help. Otherwise, welcome to being a person. Say your i'm sorry's and make amends, and people will admire you for it.

In brief: You're human

Dr. Ron Eaker

In brief: Think

Get in the habit of doing nothing without taking deep breaths and consciously thinking, what are the possible consequences of these actions? Would you do this action if your mother knew about it? That makes you think.

In brief: Think

Dr. Ron Eaker
Dr. Ron Eaker
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine